Tuesday, May 02, 2006

TechExplore and Fab Lab


Starting on October 6th we will have several tracks of programming focusing on technology. TechExplore was a hit last season and it's back again. Last year's team came up with some great ideas of how to use an X-Box inside of hospitals. They really worked hard and much thanks to Kevin Gates from Microsoft who serves as their mentor. If you aren't aware Kevin is back again to start yet another project and maybe this time our team will make it Washington D.C.

A new addition is the Fab Lab that Steven will select certain Achiever's to work inside. Do not worry there will be three sessions a year so if you don't make the Lab this time around it will be available in Winter and Spring.

Want to learn more about TechExplore and what exactly a Fab Lab is follow these links.

TechExplore
www.techxplore.org

Fab Lab
http://fab.cba.mit.edu/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I need my hours filled out so that my school can have them written down. I was told that Karen may be able to print them out with their dates. Please get back to me on this A.S.A.P.

From: Nic Nootens

Anonymous said...

Hey i need my hours. is it possible for you to mail them to me but i'll be in prob on the 30th for da trip.

-Chantia